CONT205: How to Copyedit
Wondering if a career in copyediting is for you? Looking to learn the basics of what a copyeditor does?
How To Copyedit will help you build the underlying concepts needed for a strong foundation in copyediting.
In this course, you will be immersed in the workflow of a copyediting job from start to finish. Using interactive activities, readings, and other resources, you will learn and apply fundamental topics in copyediting, including grammar, punctuation, spelling, editorial style, basic editing tools, statements of work, and clear, professional editing correspondence.
This course is applicable to those exploring a career in editing and/or beginning editors of English from all geographical locations.
|Session||Course Dates||Registration Deadline||Payment Deadline|
|Fall 2023||Oct 02, 2023 – Dec 08, 2023||Sep 22, 2023 at 4pm ET||Sep 27, 2023 at 4pm ET|
|Winter 2024||Jan 22, 2024 – Apr 05, 2024||Jan 12, 2024 at 4pm ET||Jan 17, 2024 at 4pm ET|
- Dates: Oct 02, 2023 – Dec 08, 2023
- Deadline: Sep 22, 2023 at 4pm ET
- Payment Due: Sep 27, 2023 at 4pm ET
- Dates: Jan 22, 2024 – Apr 05, 2024
- Deadline: Jan 12, 2024 at 4pm ET
- Payment Due: Jan 17, 2024 at 4pm ET
This course has no application requirements.
Course MaterialsDownload the course outline [DOCX]
Applicants who require special accommodations are asked to:
- Contact us at least 1 week prior to the start of the course to allow enough time for appropriate accommodations to be made.
- Provide necessary documentation upon request.