Assessment and Evaluation
Assessment and evaluation tools and practices differ from course to course. The assessment in each course has been designed specifically to match the learning outcomes and expectations. For more information please contact us.
Applicants who require special accommodations are asked to follow these steps:
- Contact Lackie at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the course to allow enough time for appropriate accommodations to be made.
- Provide necessary documentation upon request.
- Develop an accommodation plan with the manager of CTE that will be implemented and communicated with your course instructor.
Failed Grade Appeal
- Course participants have the right to appeal a failed grade assigned in a course subject to the marking scheme set out by the course instructor(s).
- As a first step, the course participant should email their instructor and request an informal review of the grade. Instructors are strongly encouraged to consent to this review. This request should be made within 10 working days of the grade being received. Normally the instructor will provide a reconsidered grade and notify the candidate by email within a further 10 working days of receipt of the request and any further information being submitted by the course participant.
- If the request for an informal review by the instructor is denied or if the course participant is not satisfied with the decision, a formal appeal may be submitted to the Manager of Continuing Teacher Education, Barb Huffman at email@example.com. The appeal must be submitted in writing with copies of all relevant documents not later than 10 working days after the reconsidered grade being received. The appeal will be reviewed by a third party within 10 business days of receiving the appeal.
Refunds are issued back to the original form of payment.
If you drop a course:
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- after the midpoint, before the end of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
The following courses are not eligible for refund:
- CONT250 - Communicating Effectively with Parents
- CONT251 - Creating Inclusive Learning Environments