Work With Us
By working with instructional designers and subject matter experts, we develop courses that provide current and relevant content combined with a high-quality learning experience that will ensure the success of our learners. If you are interested in working with us, or if you have a course concept that you would like to discuss with our team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome your ideas and passion.APPLY TO WORK WITH US
Instructor Positions Available
The Queen’s Professional Studies Ever Scholar Program is a program developed to offer free, fun, and educational lecture and discussion courses to the later life learning community in Kingston and the surrounding area. This program has developed to allow residents in our community to join Queen’s University for an accessible opportunity to encourage stronger connections for these individuals with the University.
We are currently looking for individuals interested in developing and facilitating these courses. We are open to any subject area and any specialty, so please contact me directly with any ideas you may have! Compensation is available for course creation and delivery.
These programs are 8 hours long (typically divided into four 2-hour sessions), and will have no homework, assignments, or tests. There will be no requirement for assessment. The courses are currently offered over Zoom, but we do anticipate on-campus sessions to resume sometime this year.
We would like to specifically open this opportunity to Queen’s alumni and retirees as we know you have a great wealth of knowledge, and you are connected and invested in not only Queen’s University, but also in the benefit of the community.
Course Writer Positions Available
Education Agent Certificate
Queen’s University Professional Studies is looking for writers for our upcoming Education Agent Certificate. This certificate will incorporate both the soft skills and knowledge that post-secondary institutions are looking for. It will build on the Canadian Course for Agents currently offered by ICEF to expand knowledge of the Canadian education market and develop competencies in the following areas: ethics in student recruitment, Canadian immigration law and best practices for working with students and Canadian schools. Delivered using a blended format, participants will study mostly online with some on-site components in Kingston, Ontario, to help gain an understanding of the regulations of Canada education institutions in the region. This program will be designed for individuals who are interested in gaining more experience in the field, looking to change careers, upskilling or reskilling.
The subject area we are looking for course writers for are as follows:
- Intro to Student Recruitment - This course will focus on establishing connections with students and cover the basics of advising students effectively. Hands-on knowledge will be provided to participants including securing a position within an educational institution looking for recruitment professionals; traveling efficiently as a recruiter; working with school counsellors and more.
- Ethics in Student Recruitment - The course will build on the “London statement” as set forth by the British Council, and will include case studies and scenarios based on the Ontario and Canadian context.
- Introduction to Canadian Immigration Law - Participants will be introduced to the basics of Canadian immigration law and become familiar with the forthcoming College of Immigration and Citizenships Consultants. This knowledge will ensure participants are aware of current laws and regulations in regard to student recruitment in Canada and furnish them with a better understand the Canadian immigration process.
- Advising Students - The focus of this course will be interacting with students, parents, and understanding how to effectively identify their needs, comply with privacy regulations and support the student decision without making it for them and create return business through referrals.
- Establishing a Business in Canada - the basics of establishing a small business in Canada and Ontario will be covered including relevant permits and licenses, taxation, legal considerations as well as considerations for, building clientele, marketing their business and more.
- Event Planning - Participants will learn how to run their own educational recruiting event, focussed on attracting students, mitigating costs, and identifying opportunities for the future.
Other skills seen as an asset for this position:
- 5+ years experience in related field
- Willingness to collaborate with instructional designers
- Comfortable in receiving feedback
- Organizational skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong written communication skills
- Awareness of current trends in the field of education agents
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word
- Familiarity with learning in an online environment
- Previous experience in writing in an academic setting
If you are interested in applying, click the Apply To Work With Us button at the bottom of the page.
Queen’s is committed to equity and diversity in our supplier base and welcomes submissions or proposals from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ community members.