- CAN 650.00
- 60 hours
This course is for professionals in teaching or training roles who work with ELLs and examines some of the cultural and social issues that affect how people work together. It suggests ways to help ELLs understand and use spoken and written English. Participants use videos, articles, personal stories, quizzes, writing exercises and real-life tasks to gain insights into creating a strong and cooperative multicultural work environment.
APPLY FOR A COURSE
- Education Certificate May 1, 2021
- May 01, 2021 - Jul 31, 2021
- Application Deadline: Apr 26, 2021
- Education Certificate June 1, 2021
- Jun 01, 2021 - Aug 31, 2021
- Application Deadline: May 24, 2021
- Education Certificate July 1, 2021
- Jul 01, 2021 - Sep 30, 2021
- Application Deadline: Jun 28, 2021
- Education Certificate August 1, 2021
- Aug 01, 2021 - Oct 31, 2021
- Application Deadline: Jul 26, 2021
While a post-secondary degree/diploma is not required, it is recommended for this program.
This course will count towards completion of the Post-Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning. Completion of the post-graduate certificate gives students advanced standing into our Graduate Diploma in Education and Professional Master of Education through the SAGE program.*
*To receive advanced standing, students must meet all eligibility requirements as set out by the School of Graduate Studies and the Faculty of Education. Please visit https://www.queensu.ca/sgs/applications-admissions for more information about application requirements for Queen’s programs.
This course has no required resources.
Applicants who require special accommodations are asked to:
- Contact us at least 1 week prior to the start of the course to allow enough time for appropriate accommodations to be made.
- Provide necessary documentation upon request.
APPLY FOR A COURSE