Fees & Refunds
Course fees must be paid in full by VISA, MasterCard or Interac through SOLUS in order to access your course(s). No other payment methods (including bank transfer/bill payment) are accepted. Please only accept the course(s) you intend to pay for now. Once you have paid for your course it will take 1–2 business days to gain course access.
If your course fee is being paid by a sponsor, you must complete the online application and submit a sponsorship letter to the University Fees Office in lieu of payment. The letter must include:
- name of the student,
- student number,
- name of course,
- start and end date of the course,
- and the amount.
Fax (613) 533-2068 or email email@example.com.
Deferrals and Course Changes
All deferrals and course changes must be requested within the first week of the course. The deadline for course deferrals and/or course changes is the same as the deadline for a full refund (the first Friday of a session).
To request a deferral or course change, contact us
Dropping a course
- Log into your Queen's portal using your NetID and password
- Under SOLUS, click on SOLUS Student Center
- Under Academics click on the drop down menu, select Enrollment: Drop and click the double arrows to the right
- Select the term your course is in using the radio buttons on the left and click Continue
- Select the course you wish to drop using the radio buttons on the left and click Drop Selected Classes
- On the next screen click Finished Dropping to confirm your withdrawal.
Refunds are issued directly to the credit card you used for payment 7 - 10 business days after you drop a course.
If you drop a course:
- by the end of the first week (Friday) of the course, you will receive 100% of your course fee.
- by the midpoint of the course, you will receive 50% of your course fee.
- any time after the midpoint of the course, you will not receive a refund.